Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: For those about to rock..........

  1. #1
    Inactive Member RacerXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2006
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    14

    That's a 61" T.V., and no, I did not mount the JBL horns to the Altec cabinets. They're just sitting there.
    Looks like I'll finally have some time and $$ to invest in this stuff to get it all running. Just finished
    completely remodeling my kitchen.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know JBL part numbers, and didn't realize the horns were that big!

    What did you do with the slot car track?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member chopsrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2006
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A 61" TV?! I don't see no TV! forums

  4. #4
    Inactive Member RacerXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2006
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I sold the 1/24th scale 240' 4 lane Revell track because it was just old technology. It was all made between 1964 and 1966. I bought all new 1/24th scale Carrera because of the ability to someday make a 6 or 8 lane track. I have enough for a 130' 4 lane. It's disassembled and back in boxes. Need 2 clean out more **** in my garage......and might put a second story on top of the existing structure.

    Which is where the slot car track will go.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Ronald Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nice speakers. I had no idea how big they were. Numbers on a brochure don't mean a whole heck of a lot until you put something next to it to compare it against.
    If I had those HUGE speakers in my place, I would in the "dog house" in a New York minute.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member RacerXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2006
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My wife is very understanding.......

    These are the MB-1's in the driveway next
    to my skis.

    They are beyond huge for a
    midrange speaker. 125hz - 1.25khz w/ a 12"
    Black Widow blowing into a horn. They sound
    better than I expected them to.

    Got 'em for free so I had to take them....

    12

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member valhallax's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    542
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    nice to see ya held on to the b's...rock on

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you so much, now I can show this to my wife
    and show her why my system is not too big.
    I don't know if you know it, but you are doing
    a tremendous service to your fellow hi fi buddies.
    Thank you....oh and awesome system! forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.